Thursday, July 16, 2009

Aidan update

We are trying to get Ethan ready for the big arrival of his little brother Aidan. We are not to sure how he will respond??? We are thinking he will be jealous and cry alot for attention.We are hoping that they will one day sooner than later become best buds:)
For those of you who voted for Aidan's arrival July 29th or after...I am glad to say you will not be in the running. Not that there is a prize except of course the satisfaction of WINNING! If I don't go into labor on my own before Tuesday July 28th,I will be having a scheduled c-section at 9am that morning. Nobody guessed for before July 19th so I'm hoping that by some miracle he will decide to visit us by Sunday. I'm getting extremely uncomfortable and HUGE!
We will keep you updated as I continue to go to my weekly appointments. As for right now, I'm currently 1cm dilated and 50% effaced. For those of you who are not aware. This means I have 9 more BIG cm to go and 50% more to efface (cervix thin).
Did I mention that I hope that those of you who voted Aidan will be over 8lb are wrong??? LOL! I sure am hoping he will be smaller...for my selfishness.

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. WOW, I guess they were off on your due date then huh? This is very exciting! I have to have a c-section this time around too! I will be thinking about you and baby Aidan! Everything is going to be perfect! Ethan is going to do great, give him time. As you know I am going through this too, now I have a little more time than you, but it will all work out! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness and to think we're worried about how Roxy will respond to another dog in the house. We get our new pup right around the time you'll be having the babe. Hopefully Ethan will adjust, I'm sure it'll be a little weird at first but hey he'll still get a LOT of attention. I'm more worried about you and how you'll handle 2 boys! If you get a chance give me a shout when you get a chance. You're in our thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ethan will be fine! Does he have his own "baby"? If not, get one and some small diapers and a small bottle. He can care for his baby along side of you and Aidan. Also, be sure to prepare a basket with books and small toys that you can keep near the nursing area. It would probably be a good idea to throw a sippy cup for Ethan in there too. When he starts seeking attention, grab the basket and interact with him using those things. Be sure to send him for a diaper or the wipes from time to time and make a big deal about how very helpful he is. You'll all be just fine. I'm hoping that you deliver soon! I was one that voted for July 29 because that happens to be my birthday. July 28 or earlier is awesome too. Aidan will be so Blessed!

    ReplyDelete